|Severodvinsk is the second largest city by population in the Arkhangelsk region in Russia. Located on the shore of the White sea, near the Nikolsky mouth of the Northern Dvina. Is 35 km from Arkhangelsk. Center for nuclear shipbuilding Russia. The largest center of the defense industry and military shipbuilding. The administrative territory of the city more than the area of Moscow within the ring road, because its boundaries included a large forest. The population of 193,5 thousand people, 95,21% Russian, of 2.05% of Ukrainians.
Telephone codes: 7 818 45, 7 818 422, 7 818 427. Postcode: 164500. Car code: 29.
the First mention refers to the 1419 year, when the territory of modern city was burned Nikolo-Karelsky monastery rebuilt in 1471 year. In 1553 became a trading port St. Nicholas. The founding date is 1936 year, when there was founded the village of Sudostroy. In 1938 year he received the city status and the name Molotovsk, in honour of party leader Molotov. In 1957 was Severodvinsk. The name given to the river Northern Dvina, on which stands the city.